A man has been taken into custody by Detroit Police in connection with a possible serial killer case.
The person of interest is 34-year-old Kenneth DeAngelo Martin, a black male, about 5-feet-9, 160 pounds with black hair and brown eyes. He's known to be homeless and known to frequent the east side of Detroit.
Officers are now in the process of talking to the woman's family.
News of a possible serial killer in Detroit was revealed on Wednesday after police said that three cases involving the murders of women could be linked according to Freep.
Nancy Harrison, 52, was initially believed to have died of a drug overdose when she was discovered on March 19, 2019. However, it was later determined that she was murdered by blunt force trauma to the head.
Travesene Ellis, victim 2, was found deceased on May 24 and had been reported missing. A third, unidentified victim was found deceased in a vacant home on June 5. “Only one of those three has been ruled by the medical examiner to be a homicide, Nancy Harrison,” the city’s mayor said, noting that the causes of deaths for Ellis and the third victim had not been determined. She is an African-American female.
Martin said police believe the victims were involved in the “sex trade,” but Harrison’s family denies that she was, according to WXYZ-TV.
“A great, great heart. She would help anybody. Do anything,” Tim Harrison said of Nancy to ClickonDetroit. “My sister didn’t deserve this.” Her brother Gary questioned to WXYZ-TV why police didn’t realize Nancy was murdered at first. “She had a broken nose, jaw, scratches all over and the detective said it was an overdose,” he told the television station.
Officers are now going to be searching every vacant or abandoned home to make sure there are no further victims. The empty homes will then be boarded up.